Emergency Number: +973 1724 6888 | Call Center Number: 8000 1090
Alice V Sleep Lab
Disruptions in sleep can be caused by a variety of issues, from teeth grinding (bruxism) to night terrors. When a person suffers from difficulty in sleeping with no obvious cause, it is referred to as insomnia In addition; sleep disorders may also cause sufferers to sleep excessively, a condition known as hypersomnia. Due to these reasons, management of sleep disturbances has now gained more importance than ever before. Sleep medicine is now a recognized subspecialty within internal medicine, pediatrics, otolaryngology, psychiatry etc.
Competence in sleep medicine requires an understanding of a myriad of very diverse disorders, many of which present with similar symptoms such as excessive daytime sleepiness, which, in the absence of volitional sleep deprivation, is almost inevitably caused by an identifiable and treatable sleep disorder, such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, idiopathic central nervous system (CNS) hypersomnia, Kleine-Levin syndrome, menstrual-related hypersomnia, idiopathic recurrent stupor, or circadian rhythm disturbances. Management in the varying situations differs greatly and cannot be undertaken without a correct diagnosis.
“At Royal Bahrain Hospital we have the expertise in the diagnosis and management of clinical conditions that occur during sleep, that disturb sleep, or that are affected by disturbances in the wake-sleep cycle. Dr. Suhaila is skilled in the analysis and interpretation of comprehensive polysomnography and well-versed in emerging research and management of the sleep laboratory."
Our Sleep Lab:
Technology and Equipment used
Alice 5 Diagnostic Sleep System
The Alice 5 Diagnostic Sleep System sets new standards for sleep labs eager to customize powerful features today but interested in flexible architecture to accommodate tomorrow's growth. Alice 5 features: fully integrated sleep laboratory system over a network cable; expanded channel capability to 55 total channels; high quality ECG with 6 channels and pulse transit time, and real time impedance display.
- Fully integrated sleep laboratory system over a network cable or wireless
- Expanded channel capability to 55 total channels
- High quality ECG with 6 channels and pulse transit time(PTT)
- Real time impedance display
- Patient Communication/Intercom is accomplished over your network cable
- Polysomnographic scoring system for infants and adults
- Records and simultaneously displays multiple channels of waveform data
- Adapts to various patient age groups for determination of sleep and wakefulness
- System software includes raw data viewing in a variety of time and montage formats
- Capable of providing a compressed view of entire study
- Provides computerized analysis as an aid in interpreting data
- Standard and custom reports available along with on-screen review