Prof. Dr. Giovanni Di SalvoDepartment: Cardiology Pediatric Cardiology
Prof. Dr. Giovanni Di Salvo,
MD, PhD, MSc, FESC
Lead Pediatric Cardiology Echo Lab
Royal Brompton and Harenfield Trust
Honorary Senior Lecturer
Imperial College of London
- Master Degree in Medical Imaging (Katholieke University of Leuven, Belgium 03-07-2002, Magna cum Laude)
- Ph.D in Cardio-Respiratory Physiopathology and Associated Biotechnologies (Italy, 19-05-2006, Magna cum Laude)
- FESC since 2002
- Assistant Professor in Cardiology since 2006 to Jannuary 2012 at the Second University of Naples, Italy
- Awarding of the qualification for Associate Professor, Italy (2013)
- Adjunct Full Professor Al Faisal University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Member in the following Societies:
- Italian Society of Cardiology (SIC)
- Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echography (SIEC)
- Italian Society of Pediatric Cardiology (SICP)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- European Association of Echocardiography (EAE)
- Member of the Echocardiography Working Group of The Italian Society of Cardiology (2005-2009).
- Member of the Research Working Group of The Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echography (SIEC) from December 2006 to june 2011
- Member of the Health Technology Assessment Group of the Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echocardiography (SIEC) from June 2011 to now
- Member of the Nucleus of the Cardiologist of Tomorrow of the Italian Society of Cardiology (from 2012 to 2013).
- Councilor of the EACVI (from 2014 to now).
Awards and Honors:
- 2006 Young Investigator Award of the European Association of Echocardiography (Euroecho 2006)
- 2010 Award for the best published research by the Italian Society of Paediatric Cardiology (SICP 2010)
- 2012 Award for the best published research of the Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echography (2012)
- Author of the Guidelines of the Italian Society of Cardiovascular Echography on Congenital Heart Disease.
- Author of the EACVI Textbook Chapter on Adult Congenital Heart Disease (in press)
- Author of 10 (national and international) book chapters (Comprehensive Textbook of Echocardiography – November 30, 2013 - by Navin C., M.D. Nanda; Doppler Myocardial Imaging – A Textbook, By G.Sutherland and B. Bijnens).